As was mentioned on the Membership page, the emails are handled by Yahoo Groups. To alter how you receive them, you need to sign-on at their website groups.yahoo.com. From this site you can change your
- email address
- change how you receive emails (see Membership Page)
- Look at more photo's and information.
- Leave the Group.
If you do change your email address could you please let Gerry know as this will help him keep in touch with you.
When you think it is time to leave you can do it in one of two ways
- At the bottom of each email from the group there are details on how leave. You need to send an email to Hirschsprungs_Support_Networkfirstname.lastname@example.org using the email address that you use for the group. This may not be instant and is beyond our control but is handled by Yahoo.
- You can go to the Yahoo Groups website and remove yourself there.
If you are leaving because you are unhappy could you please let Lisa or Gerry know. If possible we will try to help you, if that is what you want. What we will try to do is to change what has made you unhappy.
- It is paramount that all information is confidential. To this ends no one must disclose any personal information they receive via this group regarding others.
- Members should not allow others to use their email address to post to the group or to view emails.
- Members must not post any emails
- that are of political, religious or sexual nature.
- containing offensive, defamatory or racial material.
- relating to items for sale that you will gain from.
If any of these policy's are broken action will be taken and you maybe requested to leave the group.
- Please make the 'Subject' line of emails relevant to your post. Members like to be able to look at the subject line to see if it relevent to themselves. Do not press 'reply without changing this line is the subject changes..
- When replying, please remove the all of the other messages in the reply, leaving only the latest message. Sometimes if the Subject has a large number of replies the email can end up very big and can make it hard to read in digest mode.
- Think if the subject is of interest to others. We do have a large number of emails and people do leave because they find the quantity too great.
- If the subject is not a motility issue but you think is of interest, then please mark it 'OT' or 'Off Topic'.. People can then choose to pass over it if they are short of time.
- Do not post attachments as they are stripped out before they reach the group so do not post them. This is because viruses are transmitted this way. Trying to post attachments can result in blank emails being posted to the group.
- Never be afraid to post good news. Times can be depressing and good news about your kids especially can be very encouraging to others, especially new parents.
- Try to answer others emails or offer support if you don't know the answer. A kind word to a worried parent helps so much.